Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Junior Theme Part 4: The Gathering

        So, I finally did manage to secure an interview with a woman that my mom had worked with on a woman's leadership seminar and she responded to my questions with not the best answers, but I did get a link to one of her powerpoints which was pretty helpful.
        Now, I have to start actually writing the paper. I'd categorized my information by cause, but as I began to write the intro, I realized that the answers to my "why" question were going to be a lot more complicated than I'd thought.
        I have now redone my intro a total of three times, and after I met with a teacher I decided to also change up the order of my paragraphs. I was originally going to focus on historical context first and then go to how that history related to the issues today, but I have now decided to talk about issue today first and then focus on history.
          I have so many piles of notes and articles that sometimes I get overwhelmed in trying to make a coherent paragraph out of them. I worry that I may be so overwhelmed with this draft that I won't get to do any others. I do type very quickly, which seems like it would be great for a paper like this, but really the speed of my fingers means that I make a crap ton of typos. One of my teachers was walking by today whilst I was typing and asked "Is that parseltongue?"
         Tune in next week to hear more complaints about writing this paper!

No comments: