Monday, April 7, 2014

Junior Theme- Part Two: The Highlighting

I never really understood the point of highlighting when you could just write stuff down until I started this junior theme assignment. I always thought that highlighters were obnoxiously bright and totally pointless when it came to note taking and annotating. I thought that, until I ended up printing out several 20 plus page articles that were packed with full paragraphs in single spaced, 12-point, Times New Roman.

I realized that, in the context of the monstrous paper I would eventually create, it would be in my best interest to highlight all the necessary information and just come back to it later.
So, my last week has been full of neon pink ink and fine print, and I've actually gotten pretty far in finishing  most of my articles. They've got some good stuff in them, but sometimes I have to remember what my topic actually is, especially so that I don't end up highlighting everything and giving my future self an aneurysm.

I think I've run through these articles pretty fast, at least until I print out more. But, this is far from over. My next task? Taking notes on an entire book, which is probably what my next post will be about. Get excited!

No comments: