Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The End of 'Murica?

      So, I don't know if you've heard, but the government has shut down. All across the land of rich white men there is silence. A small child might ask "Oh wise one, what is this all about?" and I might say "Well little Jimmy, it's about Obamacare." but if little Jimmy asks "What's Obamacare?" I will shrink into the darkness from whence I came because all I know is that it lets me take my meds for only 5 bucks.
      Honestly, I think it's stuff like this that make me realize how little I know about politics. I saw an article in the Onion(which I will link down below) titled: "Man Who Understands 8% Of Obamacare Vigorously Defends It From Man Who Understands 5%". Gotta love The Onion.
      Sometimes, I wish I knew more. I am always thinking that the world would be a lot better if we just understood each other but it's hard when we don't all have time to watch MSNBC and instead have stuff to do like homework. I think that this article, like much of lives, is painfully real, and I'm telling myself that after this I'll go see the news, but in reality I'm going to go eat dinner and watch Netflix before typing up a 45-minute conversation(school project, don't ask) because I'm not gonna lie and say I know everything about my country's government because I don't. That article really reminded me of uninformed and oblivious we can be but also, on the positive side, that we have the ability to make fun of ourselves. Unlike Cuba. Lighten up, Cuba.

No comments: