Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Is College Worth It?

Student loans! The freshman 15! Moving back in with your parents!
    These are the things that students nowadays might think of when they think of college. With my parents it isn't even of question of whether or not I'm going to college but where. I tried to explain to my mother the point I am about to try and make in this post and she got this horrified look on her face and I couldn't even explain myself because for her there is nothing to explain.
   College is expensive and it used to be that you only went to get high paying or skilled jobs like being an account or a doctor. Nowadays however, unemployment is still an issue and you could go to Harvard and end up working in a Starbucks simply because in this job market, you're degree in philosophy means nothing.
    So what is college for then? That's what I'm wondering as I try and rack my brains to think of where I want to waste my parents money for 4 years.

No comments: